We are looking for a seasoned game artist with a lot of experience managing small teams. A very strong foundation in anatomy and digital illustration is paramount. Someone with a keen eye for detail and is very effective at explaining concepts, teaching techniques and giving constructive criticisms in person or remotely through chat. You will work closely with the Art Director in plotting out the Art Team’s schedule.
- Liaise with the project stakeholders and understand the 2D art requirements, working with the Art Director to plan the most efficient way to execute them.
- Help the 2D team in the conceptualization of Characters and Environments through research and references.
- Manage and mentor the 2D artists in their daily tasks.
- Plot the Art Team’s schedule and keep track of its progress.
- Work closely with the other Art Leads (UI Lead and 3D Lead) to have a firm grasp on all the task dependencies and different moving parts of the team.
- Diploma in Fine Arts or equivalent production experience is a must.
- At least 3 years experience as an Art Lead or Project Manager in the games industry or relative experience as Team leader.
- Excellent understanding of line and form, color and light, human anatomy with good understanding environmental painting.
- Adaptability to different games and graphic styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.)
- Demonstrable digital illustration skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas via chat, email or video chat.
- Organized but open to changes and new challenges.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Photoshop and Illustrator, Knowledge in Unity 3D software is a plus.)
To consider your application, we require a resume and portfolio (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.)
Please send your resume and application to the following address: Career@xiibraves.com and provide a link to your portfolio either in the profile summary or inside your resume.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH PORTFOLIO WILL BE CONSIDERED. Thank you for your interest in XII Braves.
Company description & backstory
XII Braves is a mobile social game studio based in Singapore. Its goal is set on providing World-class entertainment and excitement to the global market.
In recent years, with the widespread popularity of smartphones and mobile devices, the demand for mobile games has never been greater. This has opened many doors and new exciting forms of entertainment to audiences.
XII Braves, located in Singapore, serves as a HQ for core development and creation and serves as a launch pad to bring its products to audiences around the world. We have also established overseas support teams for game operations and additional production. As an organization with many industry veterans, we are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to be part of our elite team.