XII Braves Pte Ltd is currently looking for an intermediate to expert, Unity VFX Artist for its Singapore studio. You will be working among the most passionate and driven people as we hire only the most talented and collaborative people in the industry.
The VFX Artist works closely with the Engineer team and the Art team to find and implement the best possible solution to achieve the desired visual for our game within technical constraints.
- Development and creation of original particle systems for Unity 3D.
- Self-modeling of objects for effects, involving 3d artists for very complex models.
- Create drawn and procedural textures for effects.
- Optimize effects to ensure acceptable FPS on the mobile platforms.
- Work with art team members to share them “best practices” and techniques.
- Provides self-assessment on how to improve own performance.
- Corrects defects discovered in a timely fashion.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals: color theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc.
- Proficient in Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent tools for texture creation.
- Understanding of shaders, optimisations and workflows for mobile games(current gen).
- Strong learning skills, ability to work under pressure, and as a team.
- Well-verse with Unity3D Engine.
- Able to take constructive criticism and keep up with changes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to translate between artistic objectives and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of shading languages (HLSL, GLSL).
- Knowledge of scripting/ programming languages (Python,C#);
Company description & backstory
XII Braves is a mobile social game studio based in Singapore. Its goal is set on providing World-class entertainment and excitement to the global market.
In recent years, with the widespread popularity of smartphones and mobile devices, the demand for mobile games has never been greater. This has opened many doors and new exciting forms of entertainment to audiences.
XII Braves, located in Singapore, serves as a HQ for core development and creation and serves as a launch pad to bring its products to audiences around the world. We have also established overseas support teams for game operations and additional production. As an organization with many industry veterans, we are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to be part of our elite team.